David Barber, Ethan Watkins, and Simon Marx

David Barber + Ethan Watkins + Simon Marx = 3 stooges

Leena Darwish, Managing Editor

David Barber is performing for his first time in front of people and is trying to sing professionally. Ethan Watkins is a junior and he does theatre at Desert Mountain. Simon Marx is a sophomore, Choir Council Treasurer and has been in choir for 4 years and recently joined ACE and Manvante. David Barber performed Empty Space with Vivian Vo on Wednesday on Stage 3/4. All three of them performed Sincerely Me on Thursday, on Stage 2.

David’s advice for others wanting to audition for Coffee House: “For confident reasons, always have a good group of people supporting you. If you have people around you putting you down, and  not giving you positive feedback that helps you get better, you shouldn’t ask them for anything. Also, when it comes to confidence, practice. I’ve been practicing since the school year. I think it helps a lot.”

Ethan’s advice for others wanting to audition for Coffee House: “Have your music prepared, like really prepared, like our pianist didn’t come in, and now he’s not doing it, so yeah, have your music prepared.”

Simon’s advice for others wanting to audition for Coffee House: “Practice a good bit and then just do it, because nothing bad is going to happen, it’s a judge free environment and we all understand being nervous and we take that into consideration, we are just trying to have fun, so have an open mind and go for it.”